You probably know vitamin C because of the benefits it brings for your body when you feel cold, yet you probably started hearing about the advantages the vitamin c serum on your skin and why you need it in your skincare routine for healthy glowing skin.
This-one serum is so trendy nowadays that you hardly find one percent not using it, might as well for a great reason. Here is all that you need to know about vitamin c serum and why its curtail to add it to your morning skincare regiment.
When to Use a Vitamin C Serum for Best Results
There are different times to apply vitamin C on your skin, one you can apply it during your night routine, but you must be careful not to mix with Retinol, AHAs/BHAs, and Niacinamide, which are usually used at night. And second, you can apply it in your morning skincare routine, yet you must, and I repeat you must apply sunscreen.
Benefits Of Vitamin C On Your Skin
Generally, Vitamin C Serum is an antioxidant, that firms brighten boos your collagen leaving your skin glowing as well as youthful.
To summarise It can also improve collagen and elastin synthesis — which can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; help reduce inflammation, provide natural, mild exfoliation along with bright skin.”
Reasons to use Vitamin C serum
Everyone can use it safely without experiencing any adverse reactions
It hydrates the skin so it decreases transepidermal water loss, allowing your skin to better retain moisture.
Including it Helps fade pigmentation, even out your skin tones, reduce dullness and redness.
Vitamin C is well known for boosting collagen production
Protects against sun damage
Smoothing the skin effects
Why You Should Never Mix Vietnam C Serum With Some Ingredients
Undoubtedly Vitamin C works wonders on your skin, still, you need to be careful with what you are mixing this magical potion with, Hence combining them together can prove to be a recipe for skin disaster.
- They might counteract each other’s effects (Vitamin C + Benzoyl peroxide)
- Will cause peeling, redness, and irritation (Vitamin C + Retinol)
- Beta-hydroxy and Vitamin C are all acidic ingredients so you will experience irritation on your skin (Vitamin C + AHAs/BHAs)
- Cancel each other out chemically (Vitamin C + Niacinamide)
Best Vitamin C Serums On The Market
The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23%
Vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that brightens the skin tone and reduces the appearance of signs of aging.
Get it from Amazon for $12.84
Vitamin C Complex Face Serum
- BRIGHTEN SKIN: highly stabilized l-ascorbic acid encapsulation and bioactive fruit blend brightens overall complexion and boosts collagen production.
- PREVENT AND TREAT THE SIGNS OF AGING: High concentration of pure l-ascorbic acid and Kakadu plum shield skin from environmental stressors.
Get it from Amazon for $20.00
CeraVe Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid
- [ ANTIOXIDANT BENEFITS ] Formulated with 10 percent l-ascorbic acid, the purest form of vitamin C, to help provide antioxidant protection
- [ HYDRATING SERUM ] Helps to improve skin tone, texture, and hydration for a healthy looking, radiant complexion
Get it from Amazon for $15.69
Vichy LiftActiv Vitamin C Serum
- Brightening Skin Corrector, Anti Aging Serum for Face with 15% Pure Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin E, for Brighter, Firmer Skin
Get it from Amazon for $28.50
Revolution Skincare 12.5% Vitamin C Super Serum
- TLC for your skin
- Super-strength formula
Helps to smooth skin texture
- For brighter more radiant complexion
- Fragrance free
- Product is non-returnable for hygiene reasons
Get it from Amazon for $16.00
Sunday Riley CEO 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum 30ml
- Skincare level: expert
- Brightening vitamin C serum
- Hydrating antioxidant formula
Contains 15% vitamin C to target dullness, dark spots and discolouration
- Designed to illuminate the complexion and firm the skin
Get it from Amazon for $111.00
Don’t Forget To Wear Your Sunscreen We are currently in the middle of the summer and we all need to put our sunscreen before leaving